The Sandridge Railway was opened in 1854 (three years after the discovery of gold at Ballarat) to serve what was then Australia’s busiest shipping port. It followed the original train route from Flinders Street Station (then called Melbourne (or City) Terminus) to Port Melbourne (then called Sandridge). It was closed in 1987.
The samples heard are children recorded playing in a park in St. Kilda (a Melbourne beach suburb near Port Melbourne) and the Ghost Train in St. Kilda's Luna Park.
all rights reserved